Quote:

that sounds that you know what you're talking about.

I wouldn't go that far, but I have been doing a lot of reading on the subject. I also got a good deal on the R154 trans, so it's worth a shot for me.

Quote:

Do you use the Mopar clutch pedal?

The pedals I'm planning on using are the OEM pedals that came in my car. Not sure what I'll have to do to make them work, but I don't imagine it will be a big deal. I'm sure there are some aftermarket pedals that would do the job, too.

Quote:

What shifter do you wanna use?

I'm going to start out with the Supra shifter, but it may not be long enough. It's pretty short, and will be centered on the trans tunnel. Some Dakotas have interesting shifter handles, so I'm looking at those, too.

Quote:

How much do I have to open the tunnel?

I have no idea, but it's a fat transmission. My floor is already cut for a 4-speed with factory hump, so it's no biggie if I have to open up the other side a little bit, too. With the shifter in the center, you MAY be able to get rid of the hump and run automatic-style carpet in the car.

Quote:

Hope I don't stress you but I wanna go this way and need answers from experienced...

No stress on me, but I don't have all the answers you need either. I'm still trying to figure the swap out, and the only way I'll be able to do it for sure is to DO IT. All I have now is a bunch of internet bookmarks and a few parts in the garage. I need a junk A-body that I can hack on, but my wife wouldn't tolerate that very well...

As for the power handling, I would guess 3-400hp would be fine, more than that and you really ought to look at a different trans. With all the cutting that will be needed, if you're going to make big power, you may as well step up to a TKO or T-56.

Clair