Originally Posted By Hemi_Joel
Originally Posted By ZIPPY
collecting info.

Biggest detail is 1 and 3/16 stick out.
I'd like to create a little bit more space between the oil and the rods sticking out. With this pan and a 6qt fill, the oil seems a little too close to the rods for a windage tray/screen to even have much effect.

confirmed, the extra deep tray is no good with that pan.

I think what I'd like more is a 1"+ deeper repro pan, like 6".
I always believed that is what some of the f.a.s.t. cars appear to have...or used to...years ago I noticed some of them hang down below the K member but only slightly...

Zippy It's been a while, but if I remember right, there is a stock hemi pan that holds 6 quarts. You can overfill it by a quart or 2, because the hemi holds a lot of oil upstairs when it is running. I modifyed a stock pan by extending the front of the sump forward about an inch, and lowered the bottom of it about 1.5". I was trying to keep stock proportions and a stock look. It added about a quart, maybe 2, to the capacity. I like to use a crank scraper from Ishihara-Johnson. Another thing you can do is mount tubes in the crankcase, where the top of the tube covers the drainback hole from the head, and the bottom of the tube hangs into the pan. This keeps the drainback oil from the heads off the crankshaft.

https://imgur.com/a/m1Ppjkd

Thanks for repeating the info here Joel, it helps the whole community.

Also thanks again for confirming f.a.s.t. setup, the pans on similar vehicles always looked just slightly bigger as they usually hang down below the K member just slightly.

Will be ordering a couple pieces to play with which should help me decide.

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri