I had some Matrix epoxy primer on hand and shot it last night.

Busted out a touch up/detail gun that I had never used...."brand new in the package from at least 10 years ago" Devilbiss Starting Line kit (two-gun package), bought from Eastwood at a show but I can't even remember if it was at the Mopar Nats or Carlisle.

For a small job like an engine, the detail/touch up gun is a huge improvement over the full size Harbor Freight gun I used on the 451 (which worked well but threw way too much paint, way too quickly/hard to control).
On the detail gun, the fan can be shrunk to the size of a 50 cent piece and you can really control it.
Overspray seems almost non-existent.

Of course I want to throw the engine in the car right away.....but the car could really use some attention.
I think I'll get the Hemi painted, get a couple pieces powder coated, and figure out the dolly situation a little better.

After that I will mothball it, and switch to replacing some metal on the car.

Preliminary plan is replace all bad metal from the windshield forward during the Hemi install,
repair all the holes drilled in the engine bay over the years, and stuff like that.

I would like to have it ready to be primered from the windshield forward before starting to fit the Hemi.

572 primer.jpg

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri