Originally Posted By AndyF
Have you decided on where the line will run yet? At some point you're going to need to get the engine in the car so you can verify clearance for the line. It has to sneak around the K frame, steering box, motor mount, headers, steering shaft, etc.

If you have a spare K frame you might be able to mock it up on the floor. That is what I do if I have the parts. Are you changing your K frame over to a Hemi style or using conversion mounts?

I'm doing the same thing right now with my Duster. I just keep adding parts and double checking to see if everything still fits and clears. It is a slow process but it is the only way to get everything packaged into the space. We don't have the luxury of having a full CAD model of all the parts like the OEM guys do.

Yeah I noticed how you're mocking it up for the duster. It's funny you mention that, nowadays to do my day job...needing full CAD access to the entire vehicle for another manufacturer, I do sometimes think...how cool it would be to have the same thing for an old B body.

Sure wish I had a spare K member, but no. However I do have the car with the 451 B engine right there to look at and imagine, which helps alot. I have 2-3 ideas for where the line could be routed...decided if I don't like the routing into the hole in the front of the block, will swap to one of the black Milodon covers instead to simplify it. One of them will definitely work...A std type pump + cover would help keep the cost down.

I might regret it later, but am planning to try an AR engineering motor plate which should free up some space for the pickup hose. If I can't live with it I have a backup plan to weld tubing into the plate and use rubber bushings to soften it up a little. That would be adding some complexity that I'd rather not if I don't have to.

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri