Originally Posted By EV2Bird
Bob R.....Could you post the formula you use to determine that? Very interesting.

Originally Posted By BobR
Originally Posted By Spaceman Spiff
Originally Posted By B1MAXX
As usual when it becomes all about money, the fun will soon be gone and we start talking about how great it used to be.

If your local track is 1/8 I get it. But if your track is 1/4 and you are doing for the sake of faster program or parts carnage , come on man. Are you a gearhead or not?

My car with my other engine in it (that was the last time I ran 1/8)
Ran 1.3's 60 foots 6.20's at 110. I shifted at 6550 and my shift light would come on within 100 foot of the 1/8. Shift 3rd and get off the gas. Woo that's real fun??????? realcrazy

Now If I was grown up on 1/8 I would probably have 5.38's or something.

As for racing, from 1992 -2014. I never missed a weekend. And could have cared less for what the purse was. We did it for fun. Heck my first child was born on a Saturday, and guess where I was? (I don't recommend this now that I am older work ).

The fast 1/8 mile guys, are going 3.60’s at over 200 mph. They would be at the end of th3 1/4, by the time you get to the 1/8. That kind of power is hard on parts.
It’s not uncommon for those guys to change trans fluid after every run, because it gets cooked. Or change stators in their converters between rounds.
You can’t compare something with say, 700hp, to something with 3,500.

I've done the math for my team. It costs me $1500.00 per 1/8th mile pass. Run further pay more. Some of the comments here are comical.

Every year at tax time I add up all of my race related invoices. I keep concise records regarding every pass we make. I divide the cost to race(invoices) by the number of passes we made. It's actually over $1500.00 and I have an all volunteer crew. My crew chief is my engine builder so that cost is parts only.