Honestly I grew up on 1/4 mile racing as I loved watching Stock and Super Stock cars of the 60's and 70's and everything I also read about in the magazines was 1/4 mile. And I guess that why I love the Nostalgia Super Stock racing of today. But I also understand that just about all the street cars and most race cars were N/A back then. Today cars are so much faster because of power adders (super and turbochargers and NOS) and that's because the technology of today has them working so good that car manufactors will even warranty them on their cars.

I am an older guy I guess (will be 62 in 2 weeks) and I don't care for power adder cars as I like the N/A cars I grew up with and hey that's just me. Its fine that most of the younger crowd want to go as fast as they can and like the power adder cars. Lets face it if you want to run with the big dogs you have to run a power adder. And because the cars of today are much faster may be one reason many like the 1/8 mile better. I don't and never will but I don't even follow any of the power adder classes as I have no interest in them.

Maybe the answer is let power adder cars run 1/8 mile and N/A cars run the 1/4 mile ? It seems to most who like the 1/4 mile better are older guys like me who grew up on it and like the NSS cars which all ran the 1/4 mile back in the day at all National events. Probably wont happen but I hope they keep the 1/4 mile for all the NSS events. I just don't want to see all tracks go to 1/8 mile as I can live with both so a person can run what they prefer. Ron