Its fine to have and express your opinions but that doesn't solve the issue.I have been racing and sponsoring events more years than I want to remember.The success of the events should not be the burden of the racers attending and their money being the sole source of the payout.Our events guarantee the payout regardless of car count,we get the moneys from sponsors before the event takes place.We don't base anything on car count but make sure the racers get rewarded for supporting the event.
Many times the car count is not what is expected but one must be prepared for the circumstances that effect the attendance,ie: weather,personal issues and how well the event is advertised.The racers who attend should never be penalized.We seen many promoters cut the payout without notice and they end up out of business.
With this being said lets address Steve's original statement about quarter mile verses eight mile racing.We know Steve's opinion but need to look beyond personal opinion and look to the facts.Fact 1 being that there has been eighth mile racing since the beginning of the sport.I remember racing at many tracks that were cut out of patchs of cornfields,bean fields ,abandoned airstrips,old stretches of highways and the illegal street races where ever a drag could take place.Most all those races were eighth mile or less as most street races were not actually a measured distance,ie stop light to stop light or other monuments.

Fact 2,many existing tracks are embracing eighth mile racing for economic reasons,safty reasons and the advance power and speed abilities of todays racecars.Even NHRA has reduced the distance in top fuel.

Fact 3, Dragracing success is not based on quarter mile distance.It can be defined as getting from point A to point B.The success is the ability of the driver to cut the better reaction tine and drive the track all the way to the stripe and best his opponent.

Fact 4,the next item is the racecar itself.It has to meet the requirements of it class and have all the necessary componants to be consistant and competitive.

Fact 5,Taking into consideration the combination of a talented consistant driver and a well built consistant racecar and put them on a good track with they will prevail on either a quarter mile or eigth mile track.Since the future looks more like its heading to the shorter track,racers will just have to accept the facts and adapt.If not all the crying and biching and threats of quitting is only effecting the person fighting the trend.

I have to ask those who seem to critize and predict doom and gloom for our sport are you a racer or politician,all talk and no action.I for one will continue to support our sport and participate in anyway possible.I see many who critize but only race once in a while at particular events and some that never race at all.I love racing quarter mile but also race the eighth mile when necessary and it has been our sport since it began.Please don't ask how old I'am whistling

Last edited by B G Racing; 07/11/18 12:25 PM.