Originally Posted By B3422W5
Originally Posted By Eric
Originally Posted By B3422W5
Originally Posted By Eric
I find the T&T guys and the guys who race three times a year have issues with 1/8th mile.......The folks who actually spend money at the track don't give a S... smile

Thats not fair Eric. I know you know me. I used to race points at 2 different tracks with my blue Duster. Raced 10.0 index points series for years at Mid Mich Motorplex. And no box points at US131. You helped me about 5 rounds-in with a charging problem at Norwalk few years back one night. You and 440 Jim..... lol
Back then i had the time to do it. Now a days i dont. Would love to be independently wealthy and be able to be at a track all the time.
But spending most all my spare money racing back then is a good reason i cant now. I own a successful business now and can afford to race all i want, but am saving for a nice retirement, zero, zilch has changed with me. Liked 1/4 back when i raced constantly( and won a few races) and like 1/4 now when i cant get out as much.
Trust me, ask anybody who knows me, i get just as pissed now when i lose as i ever have.
I hang out with 5 or 6 guys with Mopar race cars here locally. All are like me, little older, love to race every chance they can, but life’s priorities dont allow it. All of us will be at Norwalk, and i sponsor a race. And every one of us like 1/4 mile WAY better.
There are plenty of competetive guys who feel the exact same way.
Oh, and i spend plenty of money at the track spectating. Bracket races here start at 8 on Saturday mornings. I dont get out of work till 2, and Saturday is a busy day for us( own a car dealership)..... but often times am up at the track after work watching...... one of the pitiful few who do.

Don...I'm busting balls but it does have a ring of truth. I don't deny the passion of every racer....but...the tides are rolling toward 1/8th mile...rather than protest why not embrace it like John (Pittsburgracer) ? Personally my car will run either with no issues but if I have a choice I would rather not beat on it if I can. And as stated previously all the big money stuff is 1/8th anyway.

I hear ya about the big money stuff. But even the majority of weekly points racers arent in the league of guys who win that stuff.
That Matt Daddis( sp) guy was at the 50/125/50 race at 131 little while back. They raced for 6 k on Wed, 20k on Thursday, then the big money over the weekend. I watched a lot of it. Even a guy of his caliber, dont think he made it past 4 rounds any day, and less most of the time. Results are posted on 131 website
So the fact they run those “ business” type races on 1/8 means nothing to me. At my best years ago, i was never in that class. Guys with multiple entry’s yada, yada. That is guys shellout out several thousand bucks because they think they can beat guys like Folk and those others. Those weekends i am out on my boat after work taking a nice refreshing dip.... lol

Don just to clarify one of the locals won the 125K on Saturday and another lost at 3 cars. We had locals in deep on friday and sunday also.
The race was well supported by the locals.

Al