Very cool project Skicker! I think the black looks better than the
funky tan? color of the engine bay, oh well. Ya know, my Duster started out almost exactly like yours did!! '72, Gold, tan vinyl bench interior, 318 2 bbl, auto, A/C, whitewalls/hubcaps.....now it has a 1971 340 based 040" over engine block, that is now 418" CI, Eagle 4" forged crank, Scat I beam rods, Keith Black forged pistons,
Bullet solid mechanical cam, roller rockers, ported Victor jr intake, fully ported/polished J heads, Demon 850 cfm mech. carb. 727 all fully built, 3000 stall convertor, B&M Ratchet shifter, 489 case 8-3/4 with 4.10 Richmond gears...15" Ralleye wheels...
etc. But my car is now "Chili Pepper" Red, instead of the original Gold. I really wish the previous owners, would have left it in the original paint, oh well.
The interior was changed to all factory black, with original factory 1972 Duster bucket seats.
I bought mine the way it is currently, it was all built less than 5 years ago, with about only 575 miles currently on the drivetrain. I wish you all the luck to you, and your dad on the Duster, keep sendind us pics of the progress! beer

Plymouth Makes It!