Originally Posted By pittsburghracer
LOL. I only have 7500 dollars in my whole 422 build including my R3 block and Indy heads. I love reading about guys wanting to do things the HARD and expensive way just to end up paying more to go slower.

Doing things the hard and expensive way? You mean... like building a Mopar ANYTHING instead ov a Chevy? Hahahahahaha. So you'd rather run a Mopar. Why? you could go faster with a Chevy for less...??? I mean... if its ALL about money right...???

Way back at the street races, easily one ov the coolest cars there was a ratty Maverick with a 289. Not a 302, not a 351 (like everyone else was running), no stroker... just a lil tiny V8 with a stroke that barely shows up on microscope. That was a damn fast car. The only reason it wasn't faster was because buddy was piss-poor broke and had a weird way ov doing things. He'd rev that lil turd to the moon on weekends and daily drive it 40 miles to work and back the other 5 days a week. He said there was an easy 70HP left in that engine, and by the junk he used and the compromises (very first gen Edelbrock heads, CR in the 8's, and a REALLY crappy exhaust) he made, i do not doubt it. That car could have easily been 200lbs lighter too. Some people LOVE the revs...

I'm personally watching this thread, as i've decided to (probably) build a 318 Magnum for my car. If there was a 340 Magnum i'd build that, but there isn't, and no reasonable way to build one, and i like more about the 318 than the 360. I too want a lot ov power, and have an embarrassing budget... but i'm a tricky guy. I know there's a way. I wanna explore the Edelbrock Magnum heads though... for a more efficient engine (Mustang mods and import N/A ratios have all but killed 'old school' for me), unless there is an even more modern design out there that doesn't cost much more. I'm 'only' looking for 450ish HP though... heh heh...