mufflers
rear view/side mirror
bumpers

CANT HAVE
slicks
wheelie bars
parachute

Quote:

If you can name one production car that came standard (or as an option) with chutes or bars.. I will change my opinion..

Quote:

If you cant drive a few hundred miles in any direction and be assured you're going to find fuel to fill up on at any pump? Then its not a street car. On the west side of the country E-85 is pretty scarce. So, my opinion is that if your car is an E-85 only deal, then its not a street car.

I have...
A small hydraulic roller cam
3.55 gear
2500 stall converter
DOT Street tires
Full Exhaust
Seat Belts
Registration/Insurance/Plates

But your saying because NHRA says my 9.80 car needs a roll bar (which I've safely installed with seat belts in all 4 corners in the car, and I run it on E85 which is available everywhere around here... I'm not a street car?

In the mid-west E-85 is everywhere... I can drive in any direction 200 miles and feel confident that I'll be able to find a station. You'd be a fool not to take advantage of the E85 out here for boosted/high compression cars. Certainly no one around here talks like that about E85.

Hmmm... these "rules" and comments sure sound like they were made up buy a bunch of west coast 11.50 guys trying to justify why their cars are the fastest "street" cars around.

I have no problem piling my whole family in my car, and going wherever we need to. My 5 year olds don't complain about my roll bar... not sure why you guys would.

your kids heads are awful close to those roll bars, have you ever checked to see how much the restraints will move in case of a roll? im with you on the rules but I would never strap my kids back there. a 5 year old has no fear it's up to you to make sure they are safe