Quote:

Has factory equipment (wipers, horn, heater), ability to drive distances and idle for extended period of times and has plates.

With the distance provision I'd imagine pump gas would be a requirement. Chute and wheelie bars? Why not as long as they don't interfere with operation.

I drove my GTX and Dart without heater trying to get the last bits of weight out that I could, not fun at all on the street when living in New England and I'm sure the DMV has a regulation stating a vehicle must have working defroster.

I also drove with fiberglass bumpers which was nerve wracking. These were not weekend toys but daily drivers back in the day.

Being from the northeast, I do like a heater and defrosters. Plenty of colder nights having the car out, and the windows get foggy.
But if I lived in Arizona, I see no real need for it. What about cars that didn't have heat from the factory?

I say as long as you can register and insure it, and put up with driving it for an extended period, anything goes. The drag week guys prove this. How many years did Larson run with no trailer? On the same tires the whole time.
It's up to the driver. If you can put up with a 1,500 rpm idle, 5,500 stall, and your eyes watering every time you stop, who am I to say you don't have a street car?

526 cubes of angry wedge, pushbutton shifted, 9 passenger killer!