True too much acetone hurts MPG the most gain would be at approx 4 oz per gallon of 89 octane or 2 oz per gallon of 92.
and yes tolune is as good or better (xylene even better) at breaking down the molecular bond(surface tension)of the evaporating gasoline and increasing the effective combustable heat l,oad(BTU/Lb)
I been using up to 10% acetone in my orig 70 hemi Cuda since 1980 and yet to have anything disolve cept for the paint around the gas fill.
above 10% it starts eating the rubbers,plastics etc.
hows Benzine work, since it used to be present in larger % in "Good" leaded gas. i dont have much free asccess to this stuff only a few OZs reagant grade. not enough to run several years worth of testing like i did with the tone.
A dyno test would be awrome but i dont have my own yet

and im still getting 2-3 More MPG with the tone as before, same "signifiently controlled variabled" as before and best point of tone is it runs smoother and more responsive.
and my friend runs state inspections on his online Dyno for emissions and the tone ALWAYS!!!
makes the c ars that initally fail, pass when rerun with 2 oz added . the HCs drop more than 50%.
and thats quantitive data that proves more complete combustion in dozens of different makes,models,trucks etc
soon ill be trying some Propolylene Oxide if some one can send me some