i am not questioning your findings. i am just worried for the guy that might read this and put his wife's nail polish remover, draino, kerosene or who knows what in his gas I.C.E. tank.

i am a mechanical engineer and have worked in the auto industry as well as done research in alternative fuels, so i understand what you are doing- maybe not all the chemistry behind it, but i follow you.

i my opinion, if you want cheap fuel, get a diesel and make biodiesel. it is the most tested, easily made and can be run in any diesel engine. plus you might be able to get tax incentives to make/use it. i am actually in the process of applying for a patent on a device that i co-designed to facilitate mass production of biodiesel.

i'm also on long island and i need to figure out how to increase certain bio-fuel properties. maybe you are interested in helping out? currently both my research partner and i are trying to get DOE and NYSERDA funding but its tough to say the least. so far we've been paying out of pocket and have a fully working proto-type.

1966 Dart GT ...down to only 1 mopar for the first time in 15 years!