Quote:

Well said Monte,
I always tell people that when they buy a carburetor out of the box, it has a calibration that will be very generic and " safe" on most anything.
You explain it a lot better than I can.
On the three versus two circuit debate, I have shown guys around here that a three circuit properly tuned will make more mid range torque and accelerate harder on the track.
The guys I have tuned them for see better shift recovery with the three circuit Dominator.
Just my experience
Keith

I disagree. If you have to use the intermediate circuit for "shift recovery" you have way too much emulsion. And every engine will spike lean a little at the shift, how much depends on the emulsion package, how much the load changes at the shift, as well as how high the induction velocity is. You have to understand why the intermediate circuit was designed, where it can be beneficial, and when it isn't needed or crutching an issue elsewhere. And when it hurts performance. And a bracket car rarely has any need for an intermediate circuit. I started working on cars at around 11 with my dad, worked on cars for a living for a while, and was ASE certified. While I rebuilt plenty of carbs, my frustration with an 8896 Dominator about 7 years ago led me to dig deeper. The calibration in it simply sucked. It was so bad my car would go through the burnout, fouling plugs in the process, and then proceed to stumble intermittently coming up on the throttle. By eliminating the intermediate, tuning the idle/transition meeting, and setting up the emulsion package correctly it made all the difference. Between the Motorsports Village website, the old Innovate website, and the Racing Fuel Systems website we set up we have helped a lot of guys fix their ailing Dominators, as well as other carbs. If you are happy with what you have, great. But a blubbering, stumbling, plug fouling carb doesn't have to be that way.