Quote:

Quote:

I agree that 3 circuit carbs CAN be harder to tune, but don't HAVE to be if you know what you are doing. On the type cars I usually work on, the 3 circuit is beneficial, as it is easier to make the car come on the brake by tuning the intermediate. Big motors, big cams, low air speed and REALLY tight converters can make one a bear to get on the brake cleanly.

Monte

Making it come up on the brake isn't too hard if you run quality boosters. I've done a few 1250's and 2.190 carbs on nitrous, running them without the intermediate has not been an issue. Setting up the idle, transition and mains correctly along with the right setup on the accelerator pump circuit will make it work well. I have one guy that runs a 1250 on a 632 with a lot of nitrous, cold plugs, and uses a cooler to get the engine temps below 100˚, and no issues without the intermediate. I used the wide body BLP blocks that does have an intermediate circuit, however it is plugged off. Running the right fuel helps as well, C16 is not the fuel to use.

Like you say Mark.....ANYTHING can be made to work, but with weather changes and guys swapping from really tight converters, to even tighter converters depending on weather and track conditions........tuning the intermediate is much easier at the track. Especially on smallblocks that have ZERO airspeed to speak of at low rpm.

I don't suggest C-16 in any nitrous combo. Depending on the level, it is NO2 or C-23 for me

Monte