Quote:

Hearing some of these ET's these guys run with these engines is awesome. Especially when you read they are not light. Anything 2,800 or more is not real light. I realize these guys also run sheetmetal intakes that's good for some extra power.

My question is....
Has anyone with one of these heavy cars running one of these screamers been able to do it with a powerglide?

If so I want a converter just like theirs. I have been beating on my small block and just can't get the car to ET. I feel my MPH is OK. Could always be better. But. I am satisfied with 153MPH in a 2,925 car with full exhaust and an unported cast intake. I am just really disqusted with the ET. I can not run my car in comp due to the front suspension. And the only street classes that I could run in my car is over the line for that too. The engine does not suit my interests anymore, that's why it is for sale. But, if I could borrow or buy that perfect converter that would take the anker off my car through the 330 I feel my ET would come to life. This sure would help sell this engine.

Leon

Leon: Paul Ricci ran a glide at 2800 lbs for years and it would 60' around 1.17 to 1.18 at the time. It left real hard when he ran the Baracuda and then the Avenger. He did pick up 0.15 when he switched to the Profilte though. He uses A-1's 7" converters. Just an FYI: My car also picked up 0.15 in the 1/4 with the proflite and almost 4 MPH over the glide. Paul is usually at the East coast divisionals and NHRA events like Englishtown and Maple grove. Nice guy to talk to.

Last edited by SCDaytona; 12/21/08 03:57 PM.