Quote:

Quote:

The 6.1 HEMI stuff is awesome no doubt. But, they are limited cubes and valve lift.

Cubic inches are not a problem 426 and 440 motors are getting common. Bigger will be coming soon also. Getting a better lifter and rocker assembly is the key. And from working on the new motors I can tell you first hand. I would not want to be the poor sucker stuck trying to adjust valves on one of these....trust me. It will suck.

The power we can make with a 223/227 on a 114 with .557 lift is enough to make a 4300 lb car go 11.50's and faster. Take 1000-1500 lbs out of the chassis and you suddenly have a stupidly simple car that goes sub 10's in the right chassis.

Hey, it could happen...

The tread is baddest small block ever. I talked to the guys with Arrington at PRI about their 440 CID engine. It is limited. When you offset the small end of the rods because you can't get clearance you have met your limit. These engines are a long way away from taking a 3,000 lb car into the mid 8's Normally Aspirated. I like the engines and give them all the credit due with thier limitations, this is why I mentioned them in my post, but they are long way away from the baddest small block combo ever. If someone thinks they have over 1,000 NA with one of these I will be glad to test it and promote it for them.

Leon

Career best 8.02 @ 169 at 3050# and 10" tires small block power.