Quote:

Craftsman Truck or some other roundy roundy racing doesn't do a W8 justice.
Just my anyway
AL....

Ouch that hurt, I guess my junk that ran 8.50's on N2O @ 3350# and in the 4's (1/8 mi.) boosted was just that, JUNK.

Mike Gray

The circle track W8 heads are one of the baddest wedge heads ever done for any small block. They really favor power adders as they sacrifice intake valve for the larger exhaust valve. They also have thicker ports so they can possibly give more trouble free service. But, when you want the best flowing head. There is no argueing over the fact the drag race stuff originally done by CFE outflows the circle track stuff by a mile. Along with any other brand small block wedge heads.

I personally would like to see two W8 engines built alike other than the heads. One with the best circle track W8 and the other with the best drag race W8. NA there is no doubt the drag race head is capable of more HP. Get the bottle or boost in the picture and I just don't know. Depending on how much extra you are trying to make the the circle track head might surprise you. I do know that if you run nitrous on a CFE W8 you can use unbeleivable cam specs to make more power. I know my lobe centers and exhaust lobes would shock most people on here into disbeleif.

Leon

Career best 8.02 @ 169 at 3050# and 10" tires small block power.