Quote:

Joe:
I spoke with Don, Jr. and Don's Family yesterday at the Southern Drag Expo/North Carolina Hall of Fame, in Greensboro. All are doing fine. We talked about your trip to Florida to see the Missle. Donnie said he bet that did bring a smile to your face and that you have a lot of memories of that car. He talked about your coming to visit him. We talked about Don and Clyde and the whole gang. Buddy Martin, Herb, Max Hurly, Roy Hill and the group were there.

We talked about this link on this site and his family has the information to get on and see some of the stories and all of the good comments on here about Don and the Missle.

Mike,

It sounds like your trip to Greensboro was a good one. I'm glad that you got a chance to see Don and the family. I think about them often and Lynn and I throughly enjoyed our visit with Don, him mom, and his sister Robin in the fall of 2005. That was another very special moment for me going back into the shop that I had not seen since the day of Donnie's funeral. It gave me a lump in the throat.

If Donnie were alive today he would be very proud of his son. Don has grown into a fine young man who works hard every day and does what it takes to provide for his family. We look forward to the next time we get an opportunity to head to NC and do more biking and visiting.

Joe Pappas
MOPAR MISSILE