Quote:

arlen cam back to racing about 10 years ago,, i did his heads and manifold work for super stock,, he raced a 65 car in nostalgia super stock at the nsca/nmca races that belonged to tony depillo.

i remember arlen telling me back when,, 72 or something,, they had a meeting of pro stock guys with nhra,, the hemi cars were the ones to beat and one of the chevy, pontiac, or something,, a gm guy said they needed to put weight on the hemi cars,,, that all he was looking for was a fair advantage.. after that they put the weight on.

i never talk to older guys about days gone by,, spehar is supposed to stop by my shop today, and george delorean stops by here every other saturday or so,, i think im going to start getting some history lessons,, though i must say,,, spehar,,, delorean,, and even maskin do not like to sit around and talk about the past.

jeff

Jeff,

Once guys like Ted Spehar and George Delorean get to know you the information / stories flow. I have known both these guys for the best part of 35 to 40 years and they are treasure chests of knowledge and experience that is unmatched anywhere. Richard Maskin is very quiet and reserved and always has been. Dave Kanners knows Richard very well and was his partner on the Maskin & Kanners Pro Stock Hornet. Dave has always spoken highly of Richard but I never got to know Richard very well.

Joe Pappas

Joe Pappas
MOPAR MISSILE