Quote:

Quote:

Hey Joe,
Hope all is going well on your vaction/trip to Fla. Sure you have been super busy.
Had a member ask on another thread about the 72 Cuda. Where it is now, why still sitting unrestored, any other info about the past few years ect. of its "under 3' of snow" life.

Or possibly even Stewart could fill us in, as I am sure he knows the facts, ect.

Kevin,

The '72 Cuda is in Canada and is owned by a fella named Mark. I won't reveal his last name as I have not asked his permission to do so. Needless to say, the car is in Canada and sadly it has been sitting outside for many years under a tarp. Dick Oldfield went up there a couple of winters ago with his nephew and looked the car over and took large number of photographs. It is in sad shape. There is a lot of deterioration that a mild cosmetic restoration will not come close to fixing. Over the years, Dick has tried to convince Mark to sell the car to someone with the financial means to properly restore the car to it's proper level but Mark has remained adamant that he wants to do this himself. Given today's costs it would not be unreasonable to need to spend $120K to $175K to make this car correct again (my estimation). I certainly hope that if Mark takes this on that he can do it correctly and give that very special car the total restoration it deserves.

Joe Pappas

Joe, & All other Members.

Mark (Canada) was at the AllHemi in Ohio this past summer. I did not speak to him directly, but I did hear him tell a few people that the Cuda was being sent to a friend in Ga. to do a total restoration

The guy doing the restoration, had become some sort of "partner" in the Cuda, and he was suppling the $$$$ & labor to do the resto.

Anyone else heard or know of any info on the Ga. resto.???