Quote:

Hey Joe , You said Don Carltons shop was close to Mike Fons Shop, Where. I know Mikes old shop was in Troy, MI. A old freind of Mike and Kenny told me they use to watch movies out the back door of his shop, coming from a drive in theater. Are you involved in racing any more? Oh yea, I here there might be a 70s pro-stock class forming, what do you think More to come, now back to work on my car

Our shop (Carlton's) was on a street called Elmwood in Troy MI. It was just 2 doors down from where Trick Titanium now resides. Fons' shop was about 2 miles away on a street that paralleled I-75. When I worked for Fons that was the shop we had moved to when we moved the shop from his house to a commercial building.

Currently I spend a small bit of time doing autocross and road racing with occasional trips to the drag strip. Everything I do comes out of the general "fund" and living and working in the Detroit area is real hit or miss right now.

I know about the possibility of a 70's class forming in Pro Stock and it would be fun to see. With the economy in the dumper right now it may or may not be able to get a foothold. Also, for safety and cost reasons there will need to be some deep thought put into the structure / organization of this series. Maybe it should be structured like the United States Racing Team was back in 1972 with 16 cars (4 Chevys, 4 Fords, 4 Dodges, 4 Plymouths)???

Joe Pappas

Joe Pappas
MOPAR MISSILE