Quote:

This has to be the BEST thread on mopart's ever....hand's down......Thank you Joe Pappas, My interest was just growing (thank's to my mum) as you were retiring at a guess....early Bob Glidden day's in the Arrow as my vauge memory serves me....im not sure how big the gap was
The ??? what year did you last race a professional race?

The last time I "officially" crewed at a race was at Pamona in 1978. I had sort of left the scene in the winter of 1975 and gone back to college to finish my degree. I graduated in September of 1976 and moved to California. While I was out there I would frequently get calls from friends who wanted a hand for a particular race and I was only too willing to jump at the opportunity. The last "official" race like that was the Winternationals after Donnie Carlton passed away. Buddy Martin gave me a call and asked if I could give them a hand while they ran their AFX car at the Winternationals. Clyde Hodges was with them at the time. I bummed a plane ride down to the airport across from the fairgrounds and Clyde picked me up in the transporter. The next day, both doors blew off the car while Ronnie Sox was making a qualifying pass. I spent the entire night in the parking lot at the Claremont Inn patching the doors and repainting them with an air compressor that had as much umph as a pea shooter. It wasn't pretty, but it worked. After being away from it for a while it just felt good to do it.

Joe Pappas

4906676-SMFred7.tif (393 downloads)
Last edited by Mopar Missile JP; 12/28/08 06:06 PM.

Joe Pappas
MOPAR MISSILE