Just thought I'd post my KB ordering experience since I've heard rumors that it takes 6 to 9 months to get one. In late Nov I called and requested a KB block order form, filed it out and sent it in and on Dec 3 Ken Black called me and we discussed my order and he took the 1st payment (which is half of the cost of the block, including shipping).

He told me they were running about 12 week from ordering to shipping, which was fine with me since I didn't need it to start out the season.

On Friday, 2/21, I received a call from Ken to tell me that the block has been received from the foundry and was ready for machining and was ready for the 2nd half of the payment.

So now they are starting on the finish machining (install sleeves, bore and honing, cam and main journals, decking, oil galleys, etc.

He said that it should be done and ready to ship in about 3 weeks but I changed my mind on one thing and that added another week so I should have my KB block in about 4 weeks. So that is about 3.5 months and with the Holiday's in there I don't think that is bad at all.

440 Street (water) block (good for up to 2,500hp)
4.360 bore (but the sleeves will support up to 4.530 bore)
10.725 deck

The only option I added (which I mentioned above "changed my mind") was to drill the lifter galley for hydraulic or push rod oiling about a $350 option. I don't need it with my current build but if I ever went to push rod oiling or sold the block I would wished I had done it.. They don't do this machining, they farm it out so that's why it adds another week lead time.

They are going to put a plug in the lifter galleys and drill it out .060 so it won't have full volume/pressure but the extra oil should help the roller lifters live longer, even though Isky told me it wasn't necessary. And if I ever want to change it I would just pull the outside block 3/8" plug and access the internal 1/4" plug. It's my understanding that is how Dart does their blocks as well.

The block will come fully machined and ready to assemble including finished honed. Cam bearings installed, Head bolts are included (they ask you which heads your running), Rear main seal/cap and of course all the plugs installed.

It's been a pleasure dealing with Ken. I've called him a few times with questions and he's always been very nice and willing to help me out.

Wade Metzinger 918-809-0987
71 Cuda 9.28@145 -1s, Pglide
68 Cuda 10.64@124 1.45 60's 318->390 eddys
Moparts discount code on WIX - moparts www.Filter1.com