Quote:

Quote:

I'm absolutely frigging speechless!!! I just got off the phone with Ken Black not even five minutes ago. I put my order and money in for a new block January 20th. I was quoted 12 weeks. I haven't heard a word. So I thought I'd give him a call. He just told me that my block hasn't even left the foundry yet!!!!!!!

I am in almost the exact same situation. I ordered mine Jan 17 (with 1/2 deposit) after several weeks of discussing details/options with him. He assured me of 12-13 weeks and the delivery problems were behind him. He even pulled the head studs for my build (Indy 440-1 heads).

I talk to him every 3 weeks...
In April he said the block had finished heat treatment and was ready to pickup at the foundary. 3 more weeks to machine (including gun drill for pushrod/lifter oiling).
I just got off the phone and he said the block had a porosity issue near the water pump area. So they recast the block (low deck) and it should be ready for him to pickup up at the foundary this week. He said he will call me back this afternoon to confirm foundary pickup date.

Disappointing...
The only thing worse would be if they shipped me a finished block with the porosity issue.

When I called Ken to ask him about my block, I heard about yours. Do you have any new updates?

Greg

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Cost is irrelevant, making memories is far more valuable!biggrin