Quote:

Just thought of another thing. The bottom bolts on the bell housing are not drilled the correct size for a stock tranny. I recall they are 3/8 but you need to drill them out for 7/16.

I didn't know they could do a dipstick hole. When I got mine that was not an option.

Thanks BigCube! I'm also running a glide with a J&W ultra-bell but I will check that.

I didn't realize that there would be so many places to access the oil passages. On my mega block I had 5 lines utilizing the 2 ports in the back by the bell housing flange. 2 lines for the Indy heads, oil pressure, low oil pressure sending unit and the oil line to the oil accumulator.

Does anyone know which port on the side of the block would be the best to use for the oil accumulator? I use it to pressurize before starting and when going down track. Don't want it to just dump it into the pan, but maybe it doesn't matter as they are all pressurized?

Please pass along any other tips you have.

I noticed 2 larger holes with heli coils in the bell flange, not sure what they are for. They look to be 7/16 or 1/2.