Quote:

Wade do you mind if I ask how much it cost?
How much it weighs?
Thanks, Don

PM me if you want to know the cost.

I'm not completely sure about this but when I did a rough calculation the KB block is really about the same price as the World or Indy blocks because it comes fully machined (finished honed), with head bolts, rear Main cap/seal, cam bearings ready to assembly. It's my understanding that on the others you'll have to bore/hone it, install cam bearing and quite often fix the deck or main journal. (and I may be way off)

The Worlds do come with the lifter galley's drilled, bushed lifter bores, dual pattern bell housing (chevy/Mopar) and provisions for a 2nd oil pick up line so you only need a single pick up in your pump assembly. So if those are important features to you, I would be completely wrong.

It's more block than I need since I'll only be making 800hp or less with it and it's rated at 2,500hp. I almost traded a local buddy his aluminum World block and several other things for my KB block because he's trying to make 1,500hp (1,050hp motor and spray it with ~400hp NOS) and he is getting concerned that will be pushing the limits of the World Block. The World block would have worked for me just fine.

Regarding weight, this is my understanding.

Aluminum - 150
Stock - 250
Mega block - 340

So I should be saving almost 190 pounds going from my Mega block to the Aluminum block.