Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Did anyone order their block with the oversize sleeves. 4.7 vs 4.62? Any drawback to going oversized to get the .100 thick at 4.5? At 4.7 OD on the sleeve that only leaves .050 aluminum between the sleeves.

I don't understand "aluminum between the sleeves". Here is a picture of my 4.50" bore KB low deck and the sleeves don't have aluminum between them?

they do inside. the top is wider than the actual sleeve so the headgasket seals on steel.

I ordered my KB hemi block a couple weeks ago. The size of the sleeve flange must push the steam holes in a hemi deck out from their factory location. KB hemi blocks use their own head gasket that have the holes moved. The holes in the heads need to be moved to match or in the case of stage V they can locate them to match the KB block when they machine them.

Indy blocks apparently just leave the steam holes out. KB does not recommend this because there is no way for the air at the top of the cooling jacket to escape.

1967 Coronet, 1989 Daytona tube chassis. Former cars, 66 Charger, 67 R/T, 69 Coronet, 67 Dart GT. -Banned for life from V8Buick.com-