Quote:

Still, spreadbores are non existent in CarterBrocks. They are simpler with less choices.

Why on earth would they make a product there is virtually no demand for? I mean if thats a plus for Holley then by all means take it.

How many spreadbore carbs does Holley sell every year? 1 in 100? 1 in 1000? I'm betting closer to 1 in 1000 than 1 in 100 considering how many regular flange carburetors they have for sale. I might have handled one or two spreadbores Holleys in my life and both were on RV's.

Quote:

I am not sure that I would agree that the new Street Demon is not a spreadbore or that it was designed for square bore intakes

It's clear it isn't a spreadbore carb like the TQ or Quadrajet. They tried to make it like them (very small primary & very large secondary) but were limited on the secondary side due to the width of the squarebore opening, that's why it has more of a blade to maximize the cfm on the secondary side.

Will it fit on a spreadbore intake like the M1 with a large hole?

Sure, so would any AFB or Holley. The secondary blade on the street demon is no wider than a common squarebore intake opening though unlike a TQ or Quadrajet. I can bust out some gaskets for a comparison if you like.

Quote:

Any chance that will make you happy?

People trying something new always makes me happy! Innovation is a wonderful thing and its nice to have more options not less in the marketplace.

I give Holley a big thumbs up for bringing it to market.

Now make a 900 cfm model =)

P.S. I have no particular animus against Holley, I like some of their products very much (like I stated already, have three of their carbs on the shelf) and there is features they have which are nice to have (always liked the sight glass for fuel level, external adjustable needle and seat which is also removable for cleaning) but other features are less desirable to me such as puking fuel everywhere during jet changes, popping power valves, gaskets below the fuel line and the air/fuel ratios tending to be on the fat side all the time.

Since in my experience (mirrored in Dwayne's dyno results) there is no real hp difference between a properly tuned Holley and a properly tuned Carter of the same size I prefer the Carter since it has better transitioning between circuits, the fuel is contained in the bowls (no gaskets to leak) and no power valve to blow out.

If I were to install a Holley of the same CFM as the AFB currently on there and picked up an incredible 25 hp (2.5 tenths) I'd leave that sucker on there.

Fair enough? Trying to be diplomatic here, but some of you are asking me to disregard 30 years of carb work under my belt, Dwayne's dyno results and the class racers who have also chimed in. Not going to do it.

8041934-streetdemon.jpg (249 downloads)

"I think its got a hemi"