Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The CarterBrocks are simpler carbs that have far fewer sizes with very few choices. But, when right, they are extremely dependable.

For tuning, Edelbrock has 32 different metering rods, at least 16 different jet sizes, 5 different step-up springs, and at least 3 different accelerator discharge orface sizes. The old Cater strip kit adds another 6 metering rods.

You are confusing tuning parts with carb choices. There are very few CarterBrock choices for a given size of carb when compared to the Holley platform.

That does not necessarily mean that the CarterBrocks are inferior, just that you are more likely to need to tune one rather than find a version closer to your needs OOTB.

But then, most guys don't know how to properly size a carb for their needs, let alone choose the best metering for their application or be able to tune it. So six of one, half dozen of the other.

Sorry, I was thinking of tuning combinations.
I wish the CarterBrocks had different booster options and adjustable bleeds like you can get in the Holley style carbs. Living in Denver (6,000 ft altitude) none of the carbs seem to work well out of the box, and the issue is not getting the main jetting correct, it is the transition circuit between idle and when the mains take over. The Holley race carbs which have richer idle/transition seem to work better than their "street" carbs. Every Holley Avenger carb seems to have a lean idle/transition, but it is pretty easy to enlarge the idle restrictions in the metering block. I haven't tuned a Carter to the same level, but I think the idle air bleeds would have to be reduced in size for a richer transition circuit?