Quote:

Quote:

But Holley and their partners are making more and more carbs with dual patterns. Including the new Speed Demon.

Ahem.

You are aware that both the Carter and Edelbrocks AFB's also have a dual bolt pattern? And have done so for decades?

The new "TQ" from Demon is not a spreadbore carb, its designed for squarebore intakes.

Dual pattern and spreadbore/squarebore are two different things.

Spreadbore carbs never caught on in the market even though they are an excellent idea with small primaries and much larger secondaries. I doubt anyone would tool up to make a new design. You can sell just about anyone a squarebore carb but spreadbore the market is limited and there is plenty of Quadrajets out there.

Still, spreadbores are non existent in CarterBrocks. They are simpler with less choices.

But you're right that they bolt onto both styles of intakes, there is no dispute there.

I am not sure that I would agree that the new Street Demon is not a spreadbore or that it was designed for square bore intakes. Or that spreadbores never caught on. Demon claims it was designed for both, hence the GoogleValve or whatever they are calling it. There is certainly a large difference in the primary and secondary bores.

Tell ya what; if you don't want to call it a spreadbore, why don't we call it a Google bore? And we'll note that it was designed by a former Carter guy.

Any chance that will make you happy?

Master, again and still