Quote:

Quote:

The problem is there are more people that think they are sealed units than don't.

Then they are very much in the wrong hobby and are in the vast minority, perhaps its just were you live.

Gary, I will say, even in these parts there are a lot of people with older cars who don't work on them, and certainly many who won't open up a carb. Some of them are my friends, and no matter how much I try I just can't get them to open up their carbs, recurve their distributors, etc.

I had a friend with the 750 Eddy on his Road Runner. It ran OK, but generally felt flat and lacked sharp response, no matter what was done to it.

Another buddy who HATES Holleys used to have an 800 and 850 Double Pumper on his high 11 second dart. He swapped to an Eddy 800 when they came out and said that the difference in throttle response was insane. He had played with the Holleys alot and the Eddy killed it OOTB. In fact, he refuses to touch anything on the 800 because he doesn't want to screw up what he has. I myself prefer Holleys, but I value his opinion. And I've been in the car, it hits like a MFer when you snap the throttle open from a roll.

My first friend swapped his 750 for an 800 AVS on his Road Runner and it ran much better right OOTB and even better with tuning. It is MUCH thirstier though, but who cares about MPG.

I generally like Holleys but if given a Carter/Edelbrock I don't really care, they all need fine tuning and all can work well. I think the issues with the 750 stem from the calibrations internal to the carb. But one thing is for sure it seems much more troublesome than most other carbs.

Now I need to pin those needles, got to feel that heat
Hear my motor screamin while I'm tearin up the street