Quote:

Your three examples trump everything that's been listed here???

I don't know how long gdonovan has been doing carbs, but I suspect a while...

I've been playing with Carter's for 35 years...

It's all been for naught???

Tell you what, come over here and walk through the pits at the Pure Stock Drags...

I'm sure you'll get any pertinent info you might need regarding Carter's if you don't like what you see here...

You are funny, sure any carb can be tuned. Seems like the only people here that can get them working are "experts". I'm no expert. I have used both (still have a Strip kit in the garage), the Holley works better for me and for MOST. Sure you can make anything run, how much time and labor? It's called pure stock for a reason, walk thru a any other line and you'll see mostly Holleys or Holley based carbs. And what examples do you have? One artical that used a 100 different combos? Or the guy that has two carters? Have you ever raced a car one weekend w/ one carb and another the next? I took an old beat up Holley I bought for $30 rebuilt it almost to stock and ran better et and MPH than an Eddy I (and a master mechanic friend) spent many track hours tuning. I was very happy when the car went 13.11. But even happier when it went 12.90.