Quote:

NOT getting in on the argument Mr P........but the cam profile changed the exhaust pulse, which in turn effects the exhaust backpressure.......Sooooo, in a sense YOU are right, because a cam change effected idle with same exhaust.....BUT on the other side HE is right, because the cam profile change, effected the exhaust pulse, which changed the back pressure and produced the idle difference.........Now, group hug

Monte

These are his words, Monte;

"Over lap is drawing in part of the next fuel charge...

and that's 100% incorrect and what I'm debating.......The fact is, overlap is drawing in part of the exhaust charge, causing the "lopey" idle......

When I said; "Contrary to popular belief, the camshaft is not what makes a "lopey" idle.... I believe people are taking it out of context......OF COURSE the camshaft is effecting the idle and making it "lopey" or not...DUH ...what I mean by that statement is that if there isn't a relatively long header tube, the motor WOULD not idle "lopey", so the "cam" ITSELF really isn't what's making a motor idle "lopey", it's the fact that exhaust is running back up the intake tract (reversion) because of overlap COMBINED with a relatively long header and the engine is actually idling on exhaust.....and to prove that, all anyone has to do is put a set of zoomies OR open shorty headers on their motor that has quite a bit of overlap in the camshaft and they'll see the idle smooth right out for themselves....... or, for enough money, I'll bring a motor on a stand to their front door and show them......

Quote:

I'll take you up on your bet if you do it on your Blown Nitro Injected Altered Wheelbase Lenco Tranny Street Car 65 Plymouth.......or even "Brown Sugar"........Hurry Up, Post the video, Collect your cash !!! Surely one of them must be ready to go by now, JUST ONE, you've had 10 years on the AWB Car, and 5 or 6 years on Brown Sugar......

Hahahaha.....I sold the '65 because I couldn't headsup Class race it and to finish BS.......BS is getting very close .....I plan to hit the ground running early next year.......It's been a long road......Since I bought the car, I've moved three times, the car's been in chassis shop prison twice, I've built a new shop and I've gotten heavily involved with my kids sports so it was moved down my priority list for a while and I'm just now getting back on track....... Aren't you the one that was trying to bust my balls last year?? I gave you my phone number and said we could meet anytime to discuss.....

Speaking of BS, how are my goodies coming along, Monte??

If you can't handle the truth, you're living a lie.......