Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

not the best video or sound quality but I bet my neighbors loved it lol. trying to decide if I like the way the cam sounds im thinkinging about changing it. I know its either putting one dominator on it or going with a tunnel ram

You have a 700hp 484" Hemi and you're wanting to swap cams because of the sound???? You're on crack! It sounds like it's supposed to! If you want a Joe Dirte "lopey" idle, put some small tube headers on it along with 2" exhaust and some really restrictive mufflers....

Contrary to popular belief, the camshaft is not what makes a "lopey" idle....it's the exhaust system....Have you ever seen/heard a car with zoomies have a "lopey" idle??? NOPE....and you never will no matter what camshaft is in it....

Really,

so how do you explain that when you change cams from the stock one, and it idles fine, and then put a bigger one it, it lopes?? Everything remained the same except the cam????

Have to say, never heard this before.

Contrary to popular belief, the camshaft is not what makes a "lopey" idle....it's the exhaust system....Have you ever seen/heard a car with zoomies have a "lopey" idle??? NOPE....and you never will no matter what camshaft is in it....

More overlap in the new camshaft is just showing you how ineffecient your exhaust system is because now it's running on exhaust...

It's called reversion because the exhaust doesn't flow good enough...put zoomies on it and it won't have a "lopey" idle...

Another way to make one sound Joe Dirte "lopey" is to fatten the idle circuit a whole bunch and/or pull initial timing out of it...

The motor in the video sounds PERFECT and is what people should be aiming for....

Have you ever seen a sling shot or super comp dragster idle " lopey"??

If that is the case, someone should tell those morons in PS and the AH cars they don't know that they are doing.