Quote:

Over lap is drawing in part of the next fuel charge...
I put almost 2 identical cams with just different
LSA and the wide cam idled smooth with no lope at
all the 107 has the lope .. same engine with everything
the same except the cam LSA.... your entitled to
your opinion and I have mine... so I'll just let it
go at that

I'm really not trying to sound like a butthead, but you're wrong...it's "lopey" with more overlap because it's pulling in more exhaust into the intake manifold...I'm sure you've heard of "reversion"? Reversion has nothing to do with "pulling in part of the next fuel charge"...I've done it...it's not my opinion...it's fact...next time your motor is out, run it on a test stand with zoomies or short, block hugger headers and you'll see I'm right...

Have you ever seen a motor that's got way too much overlap and the intake manifold and inside of the carb is black? That's soot from the exhaust...

You're the one working off theories and opinion, not me...I've actually done what I've described and it's 100% true...just try it...

You still haven't answered my question, so I'll ask it for a third time...Have you ever heard a sling shot dragster with zoomies idle "lopey"?? No, you have not...the only way a motor with zoomies will idle "lopey" is if the timing is really low and it's really fat...

I'm so confident in what I'm saying that I'll put my money where my mouth is...I'll put a motor on my run-in stand... Run it with long tube headers to show you the "lopey" idle and then install some block hugger headers to prove it smooths out and it will idle at least 300-400rpm higher with the throttle blades all the way shut...just put up 2K to make it worth my time and drive on down to Oologah, Oklahoma and collect your money...

BTW, I'll cover all bets if anyone wants to get in on the action??

If you can't handle the truth, you're living a lie.......