Quote:

Quote:

Its not just zoomies Wayne. When you go from long under chassis headers to big tube, short runner fender exits, you get the same effect. Have to recalibrate everything and lower the idle. Seen it on every car I have ever built fender exits for. The word you are looking for though is exhaust BACKPRESSURE. That is what makes the choppy idle and correctly, zoomies have little to any exhaust backpressure.

Monte

Exactly...I was going through vids on YouTube last night and I couldn't find even ONE car that had fender exit headers that had a "lopey" idle... I started to post some links in this thread, but I didn't want to keep beating a dead horse since some on here are WAAAAAY to close minded to learn something.....

You'd think that P-body would have noticed that out of all the smart people on this board, not even ONE single person considered taking me up on my bet... or maye he did and figured he'd be smart to keep his money??

The motor I was dealing with idled at 1,500rpm with the throttle blades closed ALL the way...it was actually running off the fresh air that it was pulling in through the short headers...so it had to be reversion pulling in that fresh air.... but what do I know, I never worked in a "lab at Chrysler".........

OK.... I still believe its not the zoomies(per say)
they dont have a collector to draft in part of the
next fuel charge... a blown/pressurized engine doesnt
want or need a collector to draft the charge due to
the pressure.... like I said on my engine.. 2 cams
one wide LSA and a narrow one.. the wide was smooth
and narrow had the choppy idle and I stayed with
the
narrow for the lower end torque