Quote:

Maybe i should start my own thread but:
my six pack hasnt been running super great but i found that the intake was sucking oil so fixed that yesterday.i also tested the outboard carbs with a vaccum pump to make sure they open and they didnt, i used the vac fitting/line that connects all three carbs together,is that the right one?

Pulling a vacuum on the outboard carbs, whether in a pair or individually is quite different than pulling say: vacuum on a brake system pulling fluid thru a line, the end carbs will only open and stay open with a continuous vacuum source, every time you stroke that mini vac pump the diaphragm's inlet lost the vacuum pull, your better off just pulling a vacuum using your own lungs, either disconnect the linkage from the center carb, or open the center carb to WOT when doing a test of the outboard diaphragms, if your diaphrams open fine, doing a "static" test of them, but still aren't opening under throttle conditions, and you know the end plate throttle blades are not sticking when closed, then either you have the center carb vacuum advance port hooked into the system, or the outboard diaphram springs are too heavy, I like to start with the white springs and work my way up the color spectrum rather than working down from the factory black springs that are often installed in replacement six pack carbs

mike