Quote:

Quote:

Mine is 496" with 6 pak and with a big Comp solid, I have 16*-17* initial with a REAL quick curve...all in by 2200 RPM. No vacuum advance hooked up and running 36* total timing.I ran the Comp XE295Hl before and it should tie into it like gangbusters when set up right.
Check your end carbs to make sure they are not open too far with the throttle at rest....the rods should JUST pop into the throttle levers on the end carbs. And make sure you don't have a vacuum leak at the intake.....I've had that happen before when the paper gaskets I put on the intake pan moved when installing.
Late timing down low will cause a bog.

would you think the vaccum should be more with this cam than 9-11? that seems low to me and I am wondering if I am losing it somewhere. I guess I will shoot some starter fluid around the intake to see if that detects it unless you guys have any other method for locating a vaccum leak. THanks

That sounds right ....I think mine was around 10 or so.....it's the high idle that you'll have to chase down too...is the PCV port on the center carb being used or have you got it capped off?? Like mentioned, high idle usually means too much air (vacuum leak). Is the center carb's throttle plates closing all the way??? If they are remaned carbs, I'd check that too.
38* is maybe a tad high for a stroker engine....mine falls off after 36*.