Well I finally got time to get it all put back together and took it out for a test drive. On a 15 mph roll when I stomp on it it bogs for a split second and then leaves a strip of black marks and finally pulls almost like it should. Not quite there but much much better. I think it needs a little more timing but my problem that I can not fix is a very very fast idle when I advance the timing.

But I can not get this motor to idle under 1200-1300 rpm even with the throttle screw backed all the way out. Even when I had the carbs off working on them the center carb throttle plate is always open a little bit, you can not even get it close all the way if you push it. Is this normal?? I always thought the plates closed all? would a heavier spring help? I have an orange spring on it and when I have it running and pull it as far forward as I can it will drop a tiny bit but still is way too high. How can I slow this thing down as it needs the timing but then that makes it idle too fast and when I go to shut it off if it is not in gear it will have the motor run on. Any more help??

1969.5 A12 Bee EV2
1971 Charger RT
1973 Duster tubbed 500 low deck 10.90 monster
3 440 polara vert projects