Quote:

Quote:

Hi Mark,
The original battery is long gone. It still has the original cables though. We do know from the buildsheets that it took the yellow cap battery. I have 21 months to locate an original....that will be a tough find!

If you do find an original please post pictures of it beside a reproduction....I don't think I've ever seen an original Is there a lot of differences?

Which leads me to a OE Level judging question....
If a persons car is sporting a reproduction battery, which I'm sure 99% are....Is there a point deduction?

Hi Alan! Guess what Dave Stuart and I found yesterday on a road trip to Indiana?
A yellow cap, 24 Series, ASSEMBLY LINE, date coded, original Chrysler battery!!!!!!! My buddy (Ed Meyer) had ONE that he got from a guy who did the warranty claims for Chrysler dealerships many years ago. (I almost immediately thought of you when we saw it.) I could not believe that we found this. Until yesterday, I had never even seen an assembly line battery. Your statement about the repos being 99% correct is not even close. The original has a different look that stands out distinctly from the reproduction. I will get some close up side by side comparison photos and post them on Monday. I have already “detailed” the battery and it looks New again. An Unbelievable find!!
We are finished locating every replacement component needed and were able to stand by our original mission statement…..not a single reproduction part!