Quote:

(quote) Has anyone else seen this type of drive train setup in a six cylinder car? (quote)..

Back in 79 my wifes 71 6cyl Dart Swinger Special (low end of line) had air,rim blow wheel,front sway bar,disc brakes and 8 3/4 sure grip.Don't know ratio but on a trip to Canada it made 26mpg.

This is how it ended up.

I've pulled a couple A body 8 3/4's out of 71 Swingers like that with discs, a/c, rim blow. V8 and /6. Non were sure grip, but I think that would be more popular in a non performance car back east. The rim blow was part of a package that was pretty popular. The Swinger rim blows I used to see were cracked badly and alway have an aftermarket button switch drilled in the center cap.

Here one for sale at the 2005 San Diego swap meet for $1700 with a maaco type paint job. IIRC, it was a /6 but did not have an 8 3/4 nor disc brakes.

2nd car is a really nice survivor 71 Swinger 51K miles and counting. It has discs, deluxe interior, butterscotch, ac, and a 8 3/4. I think most of original stuff was there and fuctionable. Like hoses, spark plug wire, rad cap, wash resivour... But not something you'd take on 100 mile trip (which the owner does). I think he saved some/alot of the stuff.

I have more hi res pics and the owner car w/car comes to club meetings.

Last edited by autoxcuda; 11/22/08 01:50 PM.