Quote:

Is there such a thing? And if you find one, will it look "NEW" or function like new?
Can they be rebuilt/restored?

If you do find an original please post pictures of it beside a reproduction....I don't think I've ever seen an original Is there a lot of differences? I know of one difference that will give you a "clue" or telltale that it "might" be an original battery and not a reproduction. To be fair to Dave's search I'll pm what it is (to you Dave) if you don't already know? I even have a photo . Let me know.

Which leads me to a OE Level judging question....
If a persons car is sporting a reproduction battery, which I'm sure 99% are....Is there a point deduction?

Quote:

Quote:

Is there such a thing? And if you find one, will it look "NEW" or function like new?

If you do find an original please post pictures of it beside a reproduction....

Is there a point deduction?

Question #1 - I can't answer that question. I will only know the condition of the battery, once it is found, in order to evaluate it.

Question #2 - I don't have a reproduction yellow top battery nor will I buy one unless I cannot find an original. If I can't find an original I will not have anything to compare a reproduction to. If I find an original I will be able to answer question #one and there will be no reason to purchase a reproduction. (Just for a comparison.)

Question #3 - I am almost sure you get a point deduction for any reproduction part found on an OE judged car. Dave, be honest here is this the main reason for going with a 99.99% original equipment "survivor" with no reproduction items on it. That's been my "opinion" from your first post and I still think it is very clever thinking on your part (pun) to approach it this way and eliminate the point deductions for reproduction, NOS, and even lunchbox items that may be questioned.

Thanks!