It has been about eight weeks since the Nationals and the completion of the Challenger project. Things went well overall but a reoccurring question kept finding its way back to me as a nagging thought. Could we have provided a better representation of a Factory Correct Vehicle? After about four weeks of thinking it over I have to say YES, we could have. With that in mind I asked myself what would constitute a “better” restoration than the one we had just completed? The only thing I could think of was to locate an absolutely pristine Survivor that still had EVERY single original part, hose, gasket, weather strip, etc…. that it did when it left the assembly line. Not only would this car have to posses those qualities but the components had to be in a condition not far off from the way they would have appeared when the car was new. In essence the selection of the car had to fit the category which meant that the “selection” of vehicle was not really much of a choice at all. A survivor in that particular condition isn't so easily found. Needless to say a vehicle was discovered that is almost as new looking (in some aspects) as the Challenger that we had brought to the Nationals. It even has the original air in all 5 tires. No joke! In 2010 (the good Lord willing) we will be bringing a BRAND SPANKING NEW 1970 BLACK A BODY PLYMOUTH to be entered in the OE competition. Not a single reproduction part, not even (hopefully) an NOS part. A car that is new with ALL the original components that it was born and manufactured with. It will be completely disassembled and touched up (where needed) in order to look like new. The party is about to start all over again. This one will definitely be fun!