Quote:

I was fortunate enough to see the Challenger come out of the trailer (wearing the tire boots) and be driven onto the lift at the Nats.....my brother, my dad-in-law, and myself....

Hi Brion! Thanks for the post. I hope I had the pleasure of talking to you guys sometime during the day when it was being judged. Tonight was the first time since the Nationals that I went into the garage to mess with the car and get things ready for a photo shoot. (It had to come off the lift.) It brought back some neat memories looking at all the different items that went into completing the project.
This Valiant is going in the air tomorrow to have the underside completely photographed and documented. Since we got the car home in mid October, I can’t begin to tell you how much additional information that we have accumulated with respect to how the factory built these cars. While we were accurate with the procedures we used on the Challenger, to actually document an unmolested original car is priceless. Taking it apart is as exciting as opening up Christmas presents as a kid in the 70‘s. I am going to go out on a limb here by saying that this Valiant project will make the Challenger one look amateurish when completed. They say that a car can only be original once. I promise that when this car rolls out in 2010, we will have folks questioning that particular concept. This one will be indistinguishable from a 1970 brand new, Hamtramck Plymouth vehicle.