A few thoughts :

To answer the PM's I've gotten, it's all numbers matching, 440, Auto, A/C, PS, Pwr Discs, Cruise, Rocker moldings, AmFm, Rear defogger, 3.23 sure grip, Exhaust tips, Tach, Woodgrain wheel, console.

The guy I bought it from told me about some downright insulting low-ballers who kept making reference to the fact that the car was green and probably wasn't worth restoring. I told him I didn't care about the color, would probably change it and probably make a Daytona out of it (for me, not to fool anyone) At any rate, he appeciated it and a fair offer and sold me the car.

I wonder how many of those low-ballers would agree or disagree about the color change. I think it would be great to preserve everything as it should be but cars, funds, and ones time are all limiting factors. Anyway when our generation is gone there won't be anyone to care or argue about show poodles having undercariages that are fully refinished instead of left mostly primered and oversprayed body color which is really correct. I wonder how many of these big-dollar Deusenbergs have their value hurt by paint quality and/or colors which aren't technically correct.

I remember seeing a photo shoot on Galens '68 Hemi something in a magazine years ago and peeking out on the firewall was an electronic ignition box ... hmmmmm.

I've also thought about leaving it green but doing the gut in white or saddle which would be an inexpensive "fix" for a future owner. Also, this isn't going to be some inexpensive paint job either... I use Glasurit paint... it ain't cheap. ( have done so long before BASF signed up Chip Foose )

Here's another thought... Anyone have a wing car project they're never gonna get to or can't afford to do right? PM me, you might talk me into swapping for a roticierrie restored C500. Get with me early enough and you can pick the color. Anyway, didn't mean to start a controversy just wanted to see what blue's were "correct" for the C500, which in my case is none.