Quote:

I agree to a point. I would never do a color change on a desirable color just because I didn;t like it! Meaning if you have an original Plumb Crazy/B5 Blue/or Panther Pink car and happen to hate the color please get another car. On the other hand, if it was originally gold or F3 green (as was mine) then change away to YOUR hearts content.

Regarding numbers, if I see a really nice hemicuda and I am admiring it, I WILL look at the tag for the "R" and the paint code for the original color--am I soured if I see BH23G instead of BS23R? No....but I am more impressed with the real car. Thats life. True rarities are admirable.

Regarding desirable colors.....perhaps gold or F3 green is desirable to an other person, and plumcrazy, panther, or B5 blue is not.......your baseing that decision, based on what the market wants today,....tommorrow's another story

It's funny how people dismiss a well executed "restoration" or "clone", when they find out it has the so-called "wrong" numbers displayed.....I just don't get it......goes to show how easy the "human condition" is easy to "condition"

Right now,...the "numbers gods" would hate me,.....as I'm "altering" an original smblk FM3 rubber bumper, NUMBERS MATCHING hardtop Cuda',,,,into a 440/6 SHAKER equipped Cuda'......painting it black with a white interior.......it's what the customer wants!........first thing to go was the driveline......to the junk yard!......so as you can see, value is in the eye of the owner, so what one man values, another does not?......

4625270-0000a.jpg (87 downloads)