I am conflicted here, but this is my take on the color change thing.
We restore these cars to create an expeience within our own existence. You always wanted a blue Charger 500. If you plan on keeping the car for a long time, ask yourself "who am I restoring this car for...me, or the next owner?"
If you plan on selling the car soon, then the color choice will likely be a financial one. If that is the case, I would say paint it green and enjoy the extra money you will make.
However, I have seen many high end cars go through a color change and do just fine if not better than what the original color would bring. There is a reason behind the term "re-sale red."
Your Charger is a valuable car, but is it as valuable as a Ferrari 250 GTO? That car is now estimated at around 30 million dollars. A Swiss owner changed the color of his from red to metallic red. The restoration was top notch (on a car like this, they all are). It is believed the value of this car was not harmed at all.
So say Ferrari value experts.
However, this car will have to cross the auction block before we will know for sure.
I changed the color of my Super Bee. It is not numbers-matching (the original engine is long gone). I agonized over doing this, but decided that the next owner can paint it any color they desire.
I had a couple days of color-changing remorse, and even contemplated what it would take to change it back to *ugh* gold.
This is what the next buyer of your car might be thinking should you sell it in the near future.
I would keep it all original right down to the green, which looks really good when freshly applied.
But, it's yours to do as you please.

*1969 383 4sp. Super Bee
*1966 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GT
*1965 Porsche 356C
*2004 VW Passat Wagon
*2004 Mini Cooper S
*1967 Jaguar E-Type FHC

A mall cop is in our midst.