Quote:

Some one looking ot urchase a car of that caliber will care greatly about originality and move on to the next car. That buyer is not just someone looking for a cool car at a reasonable price, they are a specific buyer. The other statement I guess I am just misunderstanding entirely, "Have a tag made for the gawkers and keep the original." You would lose a significant amount of money selling any high dollar car without a fender tag. This isn't a 318 Coronet 500 (no offense to anyone) its 69 Charger 500, and much of the value of that kinda car is documentation.

Well, I have had the car documented... G.G. was out to see it before I tore it apart for resto. Paid a tidy sum for that and still had to beg for the paperwork for almost a year. I'm kinda tired or all the matching # bs and tired about hearing about what Mopars in general should be or are worth. I got into mopars as a teenager 24 years ago 'cause they were fast, cool and well, affordable. Now it seems it's all about ego.

Galen said this was one of the highest optioned 500's he'd ever seen ( and I bought it to make a Daytona clone out of it ) so I started having second thoughts about cloning it and decided to restore it... but I just can't bring myself to do the dark green thing. It's gonna be an eye catcher in any color other than green and if someone is so anal it's not that difficult to take a restored car apart and change the color. I think market fluctuations have a much greater impact on value than the orgininal color thing but really just want something nice in case I can't sell it or decide not to.